The state of Andhra Pradesh comprises like scenic hills, forests, beaches and temples. Also known as The City of Nizams and The City of Pearls,Hyderabad is today one of the most developed cities in the country and a modern hub of information technology, ITES, and biotechnology. Hyderabad is known for its rich history, culture and architecture representing its unique character as a meeting point for North and South India, and also its multilingual culture.
Official Websites of Andhra Pradesh Tourism
Contact Toll Free: 1800 42 545454
- Charminar – Centre of the Hyderabad Old City
- Golkonda Fort – Largest and 400 years oldest fort
- Makka Masjid – Masjid in Hyderabad City
- Ramoji Film City – Largest Film City in the world situated in Hyderabad City
- Kilash Giri – Mountain View along with beach side situated in Vizag City
- Warangal Fort – Oldest fort built by Kakatiya before 13th century reflects the culture of Telugu people
- Thousand Pillar Temple – Built by King Rudra Deva in 1163 AD.The Thousand Pillar Temple is a specimen of the Kakatiyan style of architecture of the 12th century.
- Bhimili Beach – Beautiful Beach near to Vizag City
- Araku Valley – known as Andhra Ooty near to Vizag City
- Borra Caves – caves formed 1 million years ago situated near to Vizag City; belongs to Odisha
- Surendrapuri – A unique Mythological Awareness Centre near Yadagirigutta, 60 km from Hyderabad
- Bhavani Islands – A unique tourism spot to stay and visit near Vijayawada
- Thimmamma Marrimanu – The World’s Largest Banyan Tree, and “Marrimanu” was recorded as the biggest tree in the Guinness Book of World Records in 1989. Its branches spreads over nearly 5 acres. (2.1 ha.). Located about 35 km from Kadiri, and 100 km from Anantapur.
- Lepakshi – this is the largest monolithic Nandi (Bull) in the world, (length 27 feet, height 15 feet), It is 15 km (9.3 mi) east of Hindupur, and 105 km from Anantapur, and about 120 km (75 mi) north of Bangalore.
- Prakasam Barrage – A famous bridge which was constructed by the British Government in the remembrance of Tanguturi Prakasam, is the best tourist spot to visit in Vijayawada
- Kolleru Lake – A famous lake situated between Krishna and West Godavari District